Maybe it’s just me, but rooting seems to be getting easier and easier as time goes by. While not for those whose technical skills are described as “able to play Solitaire,” the average user should be able to follow along with these instructions. This method should work with most any Droid phone by Motorola.
- First off, download the Motorola USB Drivers and install them on your PC:
- Download Motofail
- Extract the contents of the .zip file to a location you can easily find
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone
- From the homescreen, press Menu
- Then Settings
- Then make sure "USB Debugging" is checked.
- Plug your phone into your PC and change the USB Mode to "Charge Only"
- Double-click the "run.bat" file in the motofail_windows folder that you extracted in step 3
- Sit back and watch the show
Your phone will reboot a couple of times. After that, you'll have full root access and be ready to enjoy flashing custom ROMs and all the other benefits that root access entitles you to!
Thanks to Dan Rosenberg for creating Motofail